Sunday, October 7, 2012

SOTW - Maple Leaf Silhouette - A Sympathy Card

It's Monday, which means we are featuring a Stamp of The Week (SOTW) over at Repeat Impressions.  I love this weeks stamps - The Maple Leaf Silhouette - 5127-K. Its under the Seasonal category in the Autumn grouping.  Every stampers collection should include some great leaf images - especially if you are in an area that has as many trees as we do here in Central Wisconsin.   This is the perfect week to add that feature to your collection since this stamp is at a huge discount.  

Here is my card using the SOTW. 


I inked this stamp in fall colors - I used Momento's Potters Clay, Desert Sand and Fiskars Chestnut Brown. Then I cut each image out.   I used the cracked glass technique (using 3 layers of clear embossing powder, cracking it when it cools and then inking over the surface) on the Potter's Clay image.  See below - I think this turned out very realistic.

Here's a closer look.  The "With Deepest Sympathy" sentiment is also a Repeat Impressions stamp - 4025-F Deepest Sympathy  - found on the Special moments page - in the Sympathy category. 

I added a little finishing touch to the inside of the card as well. 

The best part of the SOTW is that you can purchase this stamp this week for 50% off.  You can order it here and you can find out the complete details of this offer here

Thanks so much
Joyce

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Joyce! What a great technique to show us at stamp club;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving how you did the leaves! Very cool indeed. Thanks so much for sharing...this stamp is becoming very versatile with each and every blog I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am amazed at your leaves -- they DO look real! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - your leaves are beautiful! They are so realistic looking! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce..this is precious and gorgeous!!! What fabulous work with details and design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete