Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge - MFTGUESTDT1012



If you follow my blog at all, you know that one of my favorite stamp/die companies is My Favorite Things (MFT).  I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am totally addiction to the Pure Innocence product line and the A La Mode line is just drawing me in too.  Don't even get me started on the Die-namics - Love them!!!  Have several of them!!!

It's a happy little (okay, really big) dream of mine to, at some point, be chosen as the guest designer for the MFT design team.  Not only is it a huge honor because its based on artistry, not a random drawing, but the artist selected gets loads of free stuff..... the latest free stuff.  

So, for all my big talk, this is the first time I've actually entered this challenge.  I've entered the weekly sketch challenge several times (the random drawing version) but never the monthly guest designer challenge

So here goes.....

This is my entry in the MFT Guest Designer Challenge for October. Shocking, I know, but I used a Pure Innocence image -  My Basket of Eggs.  Seems a shame this cute little stamp only gets used for Easter so I altered the contents of her basket from eggs into a gathering of flowers. 

Here's a close up so you can see a little better.  I used a super small flower punch and just scrunched up the little flowers and adhered them into the basket right over the eggs.  I used a Die-namics Dainty Lace Border die for the border, a PTI die for the arched background of the image, and a MFT verse - 'Sending you Sunshine' for the sentiment.


Here's a super close up..... 

I've also "popped" the focal image (for my non stamper followers, that means I used foam tape to raise up the white section with the stamped image on it) to add some dimension. 



As always, I used my trusty Copic markers to color this adorable image.  The paper is DCWV - the 8" X 8" Blossoms & Butterflies stack.  The card base is a standard Kraft card stock.

I had a blast creating a card for this challenge, so I came out a winner no matter how you look at it.

Gotta go.  Our son comes home from college today - its fall break.  Yeah, can't wait to see him.

More soon
Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment