Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DCC - No Squares Anywhere on the Card

It's DCC Wednesday at Repeat Impressions and this week Deonna selected the challenge - No Squares Anywhere on the Card.  I took this opportunity to pull out my hex dies again - they are a current favorite of mine.

The card base is one I cut out myself.  I took my largest hex nesties and just measured an inch around each edge.  I kept the upper edge on the fold to create the card.  Then I cut several pieces of printed paper using a smaller hex die.  I scattered them across the card and used a medium sized hex as my focal point.  The sentiment is one of my favorites - Happy Birthday - 8606-E from the Quartet Compliments series.  I added some random faux stitching to continue the hex theme.


You can go here and see the cards created by the rest of the RI Rockstars.

So now its your chance to think outside the box......or the squares, you might say.  Create your card with no squares on it, link it to the RI blog and you will be entered into a random drawing to win an amazing prize - an uncut sheet of images of the winner choice from the RI store.  How awesome is that?  You can go here to see the full details.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you get the chance to play along.
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment