Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DCC Wednesday - Fur, Fin or Feather

It is my turn to pick the Designers Choice Challenge (DCC).   Realistic wildlife images are hard to come by and RI has a huge assortment of them so I thought that having a "Fur, Fin or Feather" challenge would be a great pick.  The funny thing is that when it came to making a card I went with one of their adorable, silly pet images instead.  Still fur - right???  lol!!!  Be sure to check out the RI    shop - they have a ton of critter images to choose from - whether your looking for realistic images or silly ones, they have a LOT to choose from

Here is the card I created for the Fur, Fin or Feather challenge.  If you know me personally, you know that I am ALWAYS late with cards.  If family and friends get their card from me within the week after their birthday, that's pretty darn good for me.  Ironic!!! when my PASSION is card making.  I guess that passion doesn't extend to getting the card in the mail.

Anyway, this card pretty much says it all for me.  This is my reactions whenever I look at the calendar and realize I've missed yet another important date.  This kitty is called Yikes Cat - 7122-G and is part of the Funny Bones Collection.  The "OMG!" is also an RI image - 8723-E from the Hip Chick Collection.  Just an FYI - RI also has the word YIKES in that same Funny Bones collection that would have worked perfect for this card as well.   This is a super simple card - but it says it all!!!


Here's a look at the inside of this card as well.  This verse is something I typed up on my computer.


Please go here - to the RI blog to see the Fur, Fin and Feather cards from my fellow Rock Stars.   Their amazing.  

So as always, this DCC is for you too!  Create your own card featuring a Fur, Fin or Feather image.  Link your card to the RI blog and you will be put in the drawing for that awesome prize of a $25 gift certificate to the RI store.  Go here to see the full rules and details of this challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Fun challenge, Joyce and your card cracked me up!!!! I love the whole design you created with the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, this is a dynamite card! It is so cute, well colored and the sentiment is PERFECT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Joyce!!! Such a great image and sentiment and of course your fab design. Thank you for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete