Monday, August 13, 2012

Card Club Challenge Cards - Day 2


The challenge for this months card club is Christmas in July.......okay August but we had the whole month of July to work on it.  The twist is that we couldn't use the traditional Christmas colors - Red or Green.   I totally cheated on this one.  I happen to have a pack of Christmas paper left over from last year that was all very unique colors - this purple, very bright greens and some brownish yellows.  Just colors you don't normally see in a Christmas paper pack.  That paper worked perfect for this challenge. 
It doesn't show up on the photo, but I used a glitter gel pen on the snow angel to give it the diamonds in the snow effect.  This is a super old Stampin' Up stamp but its still super cute.  Just one of those classic ones that will always be a favorite.

This second card is more paper from that same paper pack.  I went for the classic white on white look but I think I've accented it with enough of the purple and brown paper to it a non traditional look.   These were such fun challenges this month - made them very fun to make.

I can't wait to see what projects we make at club tomorrow and what our challenges are for next month will be.  Our club is made up of such an awesome group of ladies, we always have a great time.

More soon
Joyce



No comments:

Post a Comment