Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What If? Wednesday - Repeat Impressions Sketch Callenge M0514

Today is What If? Wednesday at Repeat Impressions and I'm very excited about today's sketch.

We've all been through it:  you picture a card in your head but somehow the completed project just doesn't turn out like you've pictured it.  Today, I've had the opposite happen.  My card turned out just as I pictured it.  I love when that happens. 

First, I'll show you the awesome sketch we have to work with. 

 
Now for my card. 
 
 
 
That lovely image is RI 9201-O Cat & Hummingbird from the Beautiful Day series.  The image is colored with my Copic markers and I just had to 'pop' that  hummingbird.  It was just calling to be 'popped', don't you think?  I'm not sure if you can see it or not, but the background of the image is inked to create the faintest cloud affect.  The image always comes together pretty easily but its the embellishments that tend to be a challenge for me.  I knew I wanted to use a wide ribbon, so I started there.  I originally had just placed a knot in it and had adhered it to the card but something was missing.  I wanted to add some 'vines' to match the image so I dug through my stash of dies and found this perfect little flourish.  Now it needed a flower, so I pulled out my trusty bag of hand made flowers that I had purchased at my local Goodwill.  Some crafty person had made fabric flowers and ribbon flowers and even some crochet flowers and it ended up getting donated to the GW. Every so dig out that bag of flowers and find exactly what I'm looking for - just as I did for todays card.  That purple ribbon flower is the perfect touch. 
 
So, how would you use this sketch?  Pull out your images and ribbons and flowers and show us what you can create.  Link you card to the RI blog and you will be entered into a random drawing for an amazing prize - a $25 gift certificate to the Repeat Impressions Store.  You can see the complete rules here - on the RI blog
 
I can't wait to see what you come up with
Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment