Sunday, December 1, 2013

Project of the Week at Repeat Impressions

I'm thrilled to bring you this weeks Repeat Impressions, Project of the Week. 
 
Like most card makers, I completely focused on making Christmas cards and this project is no different.  I am going to show you how to make a masked and embossed snowflake card.


 
RI 6004-M Snow Positive is the perfect stamp for this project. 
 
snowflakes vertical positive
 

Along with a stream line stamp, you will need a VersaMark ink pad, white card stock, white embossing powder and a heat gun.  Using VersaMark, stamp your image in the desired location.   Sprinkle the wet image with white embossing powder.   Shake off the excess powder and set with the heat gun until the embossing powder is has the lovely shine.

 
Here is a closer look at that white on white - embossing powder on the white card stock.


Use scraps of card stock and repositionable tape to create a mask at the desired location on this card.  This RI image is perfect for this technique since it has a definite, crisp edge to work with.  I just place my card stock scraps right along the image edge.   Using foam sponges, apply various shades of blue ink completely covering that masked window.  I used lighter colors in the center and darker along the outer edges.
 
Remove those card stock strips of paper and you will see how that perfectly inked strip of color sets off those white embossed snowflakes. 

 
The sentiment I used is RI 423-G May all your dreams.....  I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark,  sprinkled with a dark blue embossing powder and set it with a heat gun. 

 
I went a dimension further and added these beautiful snowflake die cuts (die by Memory Box) with some amazing bling in the center.
 
 
Here is another look at the completed card.
 
 


Thanks so much for joining me on this weeks Project of the Week.  I hope you get an opportunity to give it a try. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing my Project of the Week. 
Joyce

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I am so pinning and putting that stamp down for my next list of RI stamps so I can totally CASE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the ink you used. So vibrant!!
    Thanks for putting together a tutorial. I am definitely going to try this with my snowflake stamps.

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Enjoy your Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete