Monday, October 7, 2013


Good Monday morning!  I’m Joyce and I’m thrilled to bring you today’s Project of the Week for Repeat Impressions.

Have you ever picked up a stamp and instantly know exactly what you’re going to do with it?  That what I felt when I saw this Repeat Impression’s image – Bats – 2308-E. I just knew I was going to stamp this on acetate. 

That is exactly where I started this project – by stamping the image on acetate.  Now, I know that not everyone has acetate on hand, so an inexpensive substitute is to use clear packaging from product you have purchased recently.  I used a cover from a box of scrapbooking paper that I had purchased.  You can use any flat piece of clear packaging that is large enough for the project you are creating. 

 
I always use Stazon ink.  It stamps a clear image that dries perfectly for projects like this.   

The trick of working on a project like this is to find a way hide any adhesives.  I find that sandwiching the acetate between lays of paper works the best for this.   Using a double stick tape is the best way to secure things in place.  I’ve secured a solid color card stock to the underside of the acetate and printed paper on the top side.  The printed paper is just a smidge shorter to create a matted look.




Sandwiching the acetate in this way creates a clean, finished look on both the front side and back side of your project.






                                     Back side of projects              Front side of projects
 

 

Now, it’s time to decorate the card.  The sentiment is Repeat Impressions Boo!-2316. 




I hope you get a chance to try this very simple technique to give your project a very special and unique look.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Joyce
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment