Monday, January 27, 2014

Project of the week - Early Easter Treats

I'm Joyce, and I have the great privilege of bringing you this week's Repeat Impressions, Project of the Week.  I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but I wanted to do an Easter project.  Maybe its the cold weather we have been having but I seem to be trying very hard to push this winter along and treats always help with that.

For my project, I decorated up these cute little treat bags.  These unfinished bags are available at several stores - these were from Michael's.  The bags I used are 4 1/2" high and 3 1/4" wide but any size can be used. I used this adorable image from Repeat Impressions 705-G Duckling.   Too darn cute!! 


I colored this adorable image with Copic markers, cut the image out with a 2" circle die and then cut out a background tag.  I used a PTI die but any coordinating die can be used.  I then attached the image with foam tape.


Next, I stamped the sentiment - I used Repeat Impressions 3906-H Easter Blessings - on vellum using VersaMark.  Heat embossing on vellum is not as scary as you might think.  Its really no different than embossing on card stock.  Be sure to use a drier sheet or embossing buddy to remove static from the vellum.  I stamped the sentiment, then sprinkled on the embossing powder.  Be sure to carefully remove all excess embossing powder.  It may not be visible now but once heated it becomes very noticeable.  Use your heat gun to carefully set the embossing powder.  Be careful not to scorch the vellum.  Once you've set the embossing powder, flex the vellum back and forth to help prevent it from puckering.    Once completely cooled I cut vellum so that sentiment is just a narrow strip. 

 
The last step is the assembly.   I attached the tag and image with double stick tape.  Then I took the vellum strip and centered the sentiment across the front of the treat bag.  I made sharp fold in the vellum at both sides of the bag.  Don't use any adhesive on the vellum on the front side of the bag since it will show through.  Flip to the back side of the treat bag, cut off the excess vellum, only leaving enough to overlap by about an inch.  Adhere in place making sure to secure the vellum strip to the bag as well. 
 
 
Here's another look at the finished project.  There are quite a few options for filling the treat bag - chocolate squares, mini candy bars, a special cookie or maybe even a gift card. 
 

 

These are super simple project but make a very special treat for any occasion.  I think maybe I put together a few for Valentine's Day.
 

I hope you've enjoyed my project and better yet, I hope you get a chance to give it a try. 
Joyce 

1 comment:

  1. Joyce, your tutorial on the Easter treats is great!!! Love the cute image too. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete