Saturday, September 15, 2012

Project Organization - Day 1


This fall, I have a 'to do' list that is at least a mile long.  The item that is always on the top of my list of things to do is to organize my craft area.  This time I'm going to get it done.  I'm not sure how, but I need to get this done. 

This is how it looks right now.  Pretty organized, right?   Except for one thing - the 2 bedrooms full of scrapping/stamping supplies that need to be worked back into this area.  Yeah, not sure how I'm going to manage that when this area is already very full. 

My craft area is a very narrow space - its a 5 foot wide dormer space with a lot of natural light from the window at the end.  Under the window you can see I have a beautiful window seat that my husband built.  This the first time in a very long time I have even been able to see that cushion.  Its general stacked with extra stuff. 

This is a view of all the cubbies I have on the left side of my craft dormer space.
 Please note:  that closet door is super short - only 5 feet tall.  It leads to an attic storage space. As you may be able to see through the window, we live in a very, very rural area. Yes, those are all trees.  We live in the middle of 100 acres of forest.  I love it!  No neighbors in sight.   
Here are more cubbies on the right side of my space. Each of these cubes is very strategically organized in an effort to maximize storage.  I will show that more in detail as this project progresses.  

At some point, I will also show you the closet I have on the left side of the room.  It is also very full of scrap supplies. 

I suspect I am going to be having a lot of scrap supplies for sale very soon.

Anyway, I have to get going and get some organizing done.   Otherwise, I'm not sure where we our going to sleep since our bed is buried in stuff.   cringe!

More soon!
Joyce


1 comment:

  1. Hey Joyce,

    It has taken me a bit to get over to congratulate you on your first DT!!! Now I see you are undergoing a renovation! LOL! Good Luck and just remember... it will be so much better when you are finished! Sending you big hugs and luck! Take Care and Hope to talk with you soon! Sara

    ReplyDelete