Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Meljen's Challenge #116 - Bookmarks

I love to read and I love making 3-D papercrafts -something different.  We don't always have to make cards or scrapbook pages.  Its good to try something different - takes us out of our box a little bit.  This weeks challenge over at Meljen's was right up my alley - bookmarks.  There is an excellent tutorial for these simple corner bookmarks on SCS.  We made these at my card club a while back (thanks Barb for teaching that) and this was a great opportunity to try it again with my own color combos and images. 

This verse is from a new set of Skipping Stones Design stamps - Explorer and the image of the stack of books is just something I scavanged off of Google Images.  Sorry, wish I could give credit to whomever designed it. 



 From the back

Supplies
Stamps:  Verse from the Skipping Stones Design - Explorer set.  Image downloaded from the internet
Ink:  Momento - tuxedo black for the verse and desert sand for the distressing
Paper:  Scraps I've had around - I love using up scraps
Tools & Accessories:  Martha Stewart border punch, Fiskars Circle squeeze punch and the
     SU scalloped circle punch. Scor-pal - scor buddy.  copic markers

1 comment:

  1. Very nice bookmark. Would have loved to have seen a Meljen's Deisngs stamp. But thanks for sharing this with us at Meljen's Designs~
    audrey

    ReplyDelete