Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meljen's Challenge #114 - Cards for Dad


Meljen's Challenge #114 - Cards for Dad

I wanted to participate this weeks challenge over here at Meljens.  They are doing a tribute to Dad.   I dug through my Meljen digis and found this litte car - so cute.  I thought these papers from the 6 x 6 Fly a Kite pack from My Minds Eye were the perfect mix of masculine and quirky to go with this cute little car. 

Since this is a guy card, I couldn't add any bling.  I had to add some sort of dimension so I stamped the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment on card stock and rolled it and inked the edges to make it look like ribbon.  Not a bad match at all.
Paper:  Printed paper  from the My Minds Eye - Fly a Kite pack, textured card stock from Echo Park, White Card Stock - Domtar Cougar paper, Card base from DCWV
Stamps:  Car image from Melje'ns Design's.  Sentiment is from the Hero Arts Month of June clear stamps set.  
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black to stamp the image and Desert Sand to distress the edges.
Accessories:  Corner Punch, Twill ribbon, copic markers.

Thanks so much
Joyce



No comments:

Post a Comment